Royal Columbian Hospital
RCH has a record of excellence in psychiatry residency and undergraduate training. The RCH Department of Psychiatry offers a full range of Mental Health care, including Inpatient, Psychiatric Emergency, Consultation-Liaison, Outpatient Clinic, Child Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, ECT program, Early Psychosis Intervention (EPI) program, Group and individual (CBT) therapy, Reproductive Psychiatry, Telepsychiatry (to Chilliwack, Hope, and Mission), Psychiatric Urgent Care Clinic and a Clozapine/Psychosis Treatment Optimization Program.
Addiction Medicine specialists work closely with psychiatric emergency Psychiatrists . Family physicians provide comprehensive medical care for inpatients, working closely with psychiatrists and mental health clinicians in a collaborative care model.
The psychiatry department has close linkages with New Westminster and Tricities (Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Anmore, Belcarra) Mental Health Teams, as well as a 65 bed tertiary psychiatric rehabilitation campus in 3 purpose built buildings.
Size: 400 beds
330 East Columbia Street
New Westminster, B.C. V3L 3W7
- Core Rotations: PGY1, Adult, Collaborative Care, Consult-Liaison, Emergency
- Elective Rotations: Core Rotations, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Early Psychosis Intervention, Telepsychiatry
- Size: 30 beds (inpatient), 3 beds (emergency psychiatry), 65 beds (tertiary psychiatric rehabilitation campus of 3 buildings linked to hospital)
- Department Head: Dr. Anson Koo
- Education Head: Dr. Ambrose Cheng
- Department Contact: 604-520-4662